The Anatomy of a Psychic Reading
Preparing for one and what to expect
At the end of 2019, a US study showed the following information on the popularity of Psychic readings and phenomena:
- 22% (1 in 5) of US adults have ever consulted a psychic or medium.
- Of that 67% were women and 33% were men
- Millennials are becoming more interested in psychic phenomena
- The greatest increase is in the under 24 age group, who are opening up more to psychic and related phenomena
So you’ve done it! You’ve gone and finally booked a psychic reading. You may be nervous, excited or even confused. Perhaps getting a psychic reading is taboo in your circle of friends or family. So before you go, here are a few things that you can do to ensure that you have a meaningful experience.
To prepare for a psychic reading, ask yourself what you are seeking in going to a psychic. You may want to meditate or reflect on what areas of your life you have questions about and write them down. Being in a clear, open and calm state allows the reader to tune into you and will ultimately result in a greater flow of information and ultimately, a better reading.
If you have been to a psychic you may notice that each person has a variety of methods to deliver messages and information. You may notice that some use sensations (Clairsentience) or messages (Claircognizance), while others use images (Clairvoyance). Some psychics speak to the deceased (Mediums) or ask for an object to read the energy contained within (Psychometry). In short, there are many ways to gather and deliver information.
In general, a reading is like a hello to a spirit, higher self, true essence. Often readees come in wanting to know about exactly when something is going to happen in their life including questions around love, money, career, and health. It is tempting to ask the questions that require a predictive response, such as “Will I find my true love?”, “Should I go back to school?”, “Will he or she want to commit?” or “Will I get the job?”. Although it is possible to receive specific details, it is important to keep in mind that information changes once delivered to a readee. It is a fluid, not a finite science. More importantly, one always has free will and is capable of finding answers in any situation. One decision may completely change the trajectory and therefore timelines and outcomes will change accordingly.
At The Psychic School, psychic readings and messages are generally communicated and delivered uniformly. They are conducted over the phone and are accessible worldwide. Readings are mainly operating from a clairvoyant space, meaning readers observe and give information by reading mental image pictures to convey messages. When you receive a reading from the school, whether from a teacher or a group of students, it will be composed of two main parts a rose reading and an aura reading.
Parts of a Psychic Reading.
- Opening prayer
- Finding a reading color- colors don’t mean anything, in particular, rather allow the readers to tune into energies and what your spirit is showing
- Readings are in the present time and are what your spirit is wanting to show during the reading
- The rose reading is when readers look at your alignment to your higher self or god of your heart, as well as current information on your growth and development
- The rose reading also looks at past lives and messages that may have relevance to you in the present time
- The aura reading takes the readee through the seven layers of the aura and gives images and messages related to the aura and corresponding chakras
At the end of each session, there is a time for question and answer, where readers may look at a particular question
- Finally, there is a next step given that allows the readee to integrate the information
- Closing prayer
Whether you get a reading from the psychic school or elsewhere here are some common pitfalls to look out for.
Psychic Reading Red Flags
- Psychics that want you to give up your agency
- Psychics that want you to form a dependency on their services. (It is ideal to only seek reading periodically to allow time for the integration and consolidation of information. In other words, less is more, in the case of psychic readings.)
- Paying money to perform spells/ release demons or curses
- Psychics that claim that they can definitively find exact answers, times, dates, lotto numbers and investment information
- Time is a moving target that is subject to many changing variables
As we always say at The Psychic School, you ultimately have your answers, however, it is fun, insightful and validating to have another person read you as a spirit. If you are interested and would like to book a reading with one an individual reader or participate in a student reading, you may find out more information through The Psychic School > Services.